3.11.2014

Cheesy Ranch Pasta

I can't take full credit for the inspiration behind this new recipe, but I will certainly take the credit for the end result! While grocery shopping together (yes, this is something we do because I am too neurotic to send him with a list and I need him to push the cart), he noticed one of those frozen dinners that contained two of the main food groups in our household: cheese and ranch. Rather than buying the prepared option, I figured I would try to recreate it. 

Ingredients
  • Gluten Free Pasta (this can obviously be switched out to regular pasta)
  • Velveeta Cheese
  • Ranch Dressing (we used Light to make it a tad better)
  • Milk
  • Chicken
  • Vegetables of your choice (we used broccoli, carrots, and corn) 



The actual process for putting everything together is very simple. And since I am no Top Chef, I thought I would keep it as straight forward as possible for the rest of you looking for something easy and delicious. 
  1. Boil the water and fully cook the pasta (I told you this would be very straight forward)
  2. Cook the chicken with a little bit of olive oil in the skillet until golden brown
  3. For making the sauce, cut up half of the block of Velveeta cheese and add to a pot kept on a low temperature. It is easier to melt if you cut it into cubes. Add about a half cup of milk and the ranch dressing. I gave a few good squirts of the dressing since we definitely wanted a balance between cheese and ranch but this can obviously be used to your discretion. Stir all together until the chunks of cheese are fully melted.
  4. Cook the vegetables however you choose (either in the microwave or on the stove) 
  5. Add everything together in one pot and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment