9.02.2013

App Alert - Covet Fashion

For all of my fashion lovers out there, allow me to introduce you to my new favorite app; Covet Fashion. It allows you to create looks with designer pieces for different social events. You put together the model's entire look from the skin tone, makeup, hair and accessories. Each look will be rated for chances to win additional pieces to your closet. The best part of the app is that you can actually purchase the pieces for yourself! 

Here are some of the inside details from 'my closet'.

When you first download the app, you will be given an amount of money to start your closet. You can go shopping through a variety of dresses, pants, tops, bags, and shoes. 


In order to win prizes and earn more cash, you need to enter events. There is a daily event that usually costs 10-25 tickets to enter, but also grants you an additional $500 once you complete a look. For instance, some of the events that I have entered include shopping a sample sale with friends, happy hour, and attending Rachel Zoe's birthday party. 



You start by first picking the model:



When you create a look, you can see who designs each piece, how much they will cost, and what season they are from.



After you complete your outfit, and enter an event, each look will be rated based on the look, whether unworn items were used and whether or not the pieces were from the current season. If you get a rating of 4 stars or more, you will win the prize! Sometimes they even have prizes that you can win for yourself.

Here is my winning look for my 'Anniversary Party'.

 

So until I have an actual closet full of designer pieces for myself, I will just shop with pretend money and animated models. 

- M


No comments:

Post a Comment