8.26.2013

Small Projects. Big Impact

Compared to some of my previous DIY projects, this post includes ideas that can cost less than $5 and take fewer than 5 minutes to complete. Although they seem very simple, and even somewhat obvious, I think they are are great ways to add a little something extra to any room. 

I am currently in the midst of redecorating my living room and without overwhelming my husband, I am taking on small projects here and there that will hopefully contribute to the overall transformation. Rather than completely repainting (not right now anyway), I decided to add a few pieces of "art" that could dress up the neutral walls. 




1. The first piece of art is actually just 3 blank note cards that I bought from Michaels. The two designs came in separate packages, each for only $1 and the frame was only $4 (on sale). 




I just taped the card to the back of the matting and voila - you have a new piece of 'art' for just $6!

2. Similar to the note cards, the second project is just a piece of scrap book paper and another inexpensive frame. I found this piece of zebra print paper at Michaels for only 20 cents. I bought the frame for $3 and now have another piece to add to my collection. 



3. The last framed piece is a little more sentimental and can also make a great gift for a bridal shower or wedding present. I kept a few extra wedding invitations and just got a frame from Christmas Tree Shop. I am not completely sold on the frame for this invitation, but it will work for now. Once again, another piece that cost me less than $5! 

Stay tuned for the completed picture wall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment