1.12.2014

My Makeup Faves

I want to start with the disclaimer that, I am not a beautician by any means. I enjoy the girly things and have more than my fair share of beauty products, like most women I know do. Between nail polish, makeup, hair sprays and perfume, it is easy to  add to the collection over time, especially with all of the free samples. If you are anything like me, you will save each product in the event, that one day, you will want to try it out. 

I have been doing more of the 'experimenting' lately when it comes to different products and brands. It turns out that these trials have resulted in some of my new favorite products. They may not be 'new' to the rest of the world, but they are a recent addition to my collection that I thought I would share. And if you haven't tried any of these, I would highly suggest it! 


1. Garnier BB Cream 
If there is only one thing that I use before I go out the door in the morning, it is this one, especially during our New England winter. I put a light coat on my entire face and it works like magic. It covers up the little blemishes, balances out the skin tone and gives an extra bit of coloring, while still feeling like an extra moisturizer. It is the perfect base! It comes in three different shades - Fair/Light, Light/Medium, Medium/Deep (I use Light/Medium).

You can buy this at any local pharmacy, but I usually buy mine at Target for about $10, which should last you a few months.

2. Clinique Lengthened Mascara
The second thing I will not leave the house without is mascara. I am a firm believer in that just a little bit can have a big impact on anyone's eyes. No one wants to be told that they look tired and mascara is certainly helpful in making those eyes pop! I typically use two different kinds of mascara on my eyes each time I apply makeup. I start off with a volumized black mascara to give a good base. The first coat is to make sure that each lash is covered. The second coat is with my Clinique lengthened mascara. This does exactly what it says it does in its name. I am still amazed each time I use it by how much longer and fuller my eye lashes look from this mascara. The brush may take some getting used to, but the results are so worth it! 

You can purchase this directly through Clinique, or Sephora - both for $16

3. Too Faced Nude Lipstick
I actually told my husband that this was the one piece of makeup that I wanted for Christmas this year. I wasn't particular about the brand, but just that it had to be nude. Like most men, he became immediately overwhelmed as this request was completely out of his area of expertise. When he went to the cosmetic store, he said two words to the woman helping him, "Nude Lipstick"... so he does listen to me after all?! I have to give credit to the sales associate that helped him because she chose the Too Faced brand in the Nude Beach color. I am not typically a lipstick person and usually opt for the gloss or chap-stick. However, I love how natural this looks and feels.  It is a color that can be worn on anyone during any time of the year. I have found myself wearing it to work as well as on the weekends when I am out and about. 

This was bought at Ulta, but can also be bought at Sephora for $22

4. LAQA & CO Fat Lip Pencil 
For a little more color, the LAQA & CO fat lip pencil in Bossy Boots is fabulous. I got this in my December Birchbox, which was perfect timing for all of the holiday festivities. I liked this color because it is more of a deep red as opposed to the bright candy apple shade that I am still experimenting with. Once again, although the color is not as natural as the nude, the pencil does not have the sticky, gooey, caked on feeling of your grandmother's lipstick. It has a very natural feeling and lasts even after a few glasses of wine! 

This is the Bossy Boots shade that can be purchased for $18 on LAQA & CO

5. Urban Decay Naked 2 Pallet

Last but not least, is the Naked 2 eye shadow pallet. As many of you ladies already know, this. is. everything. It has the perfect selection of shades for daytime and nighttime looks that can be worn by anyone. Unlike some eye shadows that may be on the cheaper side, this pallet goes on smoothly and lasts for hours. 

This can be purchased at Sephora or Ulta for $52


Feel free to leave any other suggestions to try or let me know your thoughts on these 5 products! XO








No comments:

Post a Comment