8.18.2013

Dresser Revamp

A lot of my DIY inspiration comes from the success stories shared by my personal friends. As nice as it is to Pin all of these creative ideas or read the newest and greatest from HGTV Magazine, some of the projects can be a little overwhelming. I enjoy the projects that cost close to nothing, require little time and make a big impact. 

One of my proudest projects could not have been completed with out the help from my dear friend, Jenna, and her step by step instructions from her blog 'Made with Love. Paid with Pennies'. Similar to my DIY preferences, she specializes in turning someone else's used items into her own little treasures. It just so happened that one of her posts about redoing an old dresser came in handy when I wanted to revamp my childhood dresser. 

Here is what the dresser looked like before (yikes!):



So although I consider this a 'DIY - Do It Yourself', a lot of the credit goes to Jenna's post, Journey for a New Dresser. I followed each step as it was written (including the few glasses of wine). The only thing that I did differently was that I bought new hardware, because as you can see from the scary before picture, I couldn't really use the old ones. I wanted to keep them simple and once again, not spend a fortune. 

I found a 6 pack of Threshold Plain Cup pulls in nickel for only $20.

Target

And with a few glasses of wine, some serious sanding and a little patience, I came out with this beauty...



Until the next post
- M


No comments:

Post a Comment