8.11.2013

Wedding DIY - Cinderella Shoes

Anyone that has been involved with planning a wedding, whether as the Bride or the supportive Bridesmaids that are there to help, knows that the process can be very overwhelming. There are so many little details that go into the BIG DAY! 

Any normal person would try to find ways of alleviating the stress and choosing options that would provide more efficiency... However, I am clearly not normal. 

I decided to bedazzle my wedding shoes with itsy bitsy tiny Swarovski crystals (with a lot of help & wine from my BFF Mary). I had hoped to cover the entire shoe, but ran out of time and crystals so had to make the best of what I had (see the makeshift design below). As time consuming as it was and even after hearing my mom tell me I was crazy 193723 times, I am so happy I did it! 

For any of you other crazies out there that want to add a special touch to your wedding shoes, birthday shoes or just 'for a night out on the town' shoes, here's how I did it:

1) Shoes. 

Before

2) Supplies.                                          


The tweezers are used to pick up the crystals and the toothpicks help you move them into place. Since each crystal is so small, it is too hard to pick them up with your hands. The E600 glue worked really well, but be careful of how much comes out with just a very light squeeze and how quickly it dries.  You can get this at any craft store (Michaels) for about $4. 

3) Crystals.
Color - Crystal

I ordered multiple sizes of the Swarovski crystals to try to have as few spaces as possible in between each one (just adding to my craziness).
  • ss20 (72) 
  • ss10 (144) 
  • ss9 (1,440 - Wholesale)
  • ss12 (1,440 - Wholesale) 
You can order these online through Amazon or other websites. I used http://www.lovetocrystal.com/ and was very happy with their service overall! 

After hours and hours, a few bottles of wine, and some good laughs later...





Happy Bedazzling!
 Xo - M




No comments:

Post a Comment