7.31.2013

GF Buff Chick Mac & Cheese



Hi, my name is Melissa and I am addicted to food. More specifically, anything with buffalo sauce. As a new housewife and after receiving all of my new shower gifts, I am feeling inspired to try some new recipes. 



My latest creation of buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese was a mix of limited resources in the fridge and a craving that I could not push aside. I didn't keep track of the measurements while I was experimenting so please bare with me for this recipe

While boiling the water for a full box of Gluten Free pasta (I have Celiac Disease), I started cooking some grilled chicken strips in a pan with just a little bit of olive oil. At this point, I also preheated the oven to about 350 degrees. 

After the pasta is done comes the best part - the sauce! This is where my lack of measuring comes in, but if I can do it, anyone can do it. It's my favorite kind of cooking when you don't have to worry about getting the exact amount. Here are the ingredients I used:

  • Fat free sour cream (a few tablespoons) 
  • Fat free blue cheese dressing (this is completely dependent on how much you like blue cheese, so I obviously used a few tablespoons. you could also substitute this with ranch dressing if you prefer)
  • Ken's Buffalo Sauce (as much as you like)

Even though most of the ingredients seem to be 'fat free', still not sure this would be considered a healthy meal, but DELICIOUS! 

Mix everything together in a pot until every piece of pasta and chicken is lathered with heaven. Pour the pasta into an oven safe pan and top it off with some shredded cheddar cheese. Put it in the oven just long enough so that the cheese is evenly melted. 

Then enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment